Garrity Decision Research Guide
Moakley Archive and Institute Collections
Use the research collections of the Moakley Archive and Institute to explore the following topics:
- Congressman John Joseph Moakley
- United States Congress
- Women in the French Resistance
- Eugene O’Neill
- Early history of radio
- El Salvador’s civil war
- History of Suffolk University
Moakley Archive and Institute
The Moakley Archive and Institute contains research resources related to the topic of Boston’s school desegregation crisis in the 1970s, including:
- Congressman John Joseph Moakley Papers: includes legislative files, correspondence, press files, reports and research on Boston’s schools and voters, campaign files.
- Moakley Oral History Interviews: interviews of teachers, students, politicians, and citizens impacted by Boston’s busing crisis.
- Garrity Decision Research Guide: an overview of the crisis and research resources available at Suffolk’s Moakley Archive and Institute.
- Moakley Archive Digital Collections: use search terms “busing” and “school integration” to view digitized items.