Some databases allow the user to directly export references into RefWorks following a search. There are some additional steps, however, which must be taken in order to be certain that all citations are complete.
Basic Instructions for Using all Direct Exporting Databases:
1. Records are exported into your Last Imported Folder. You will want to check each record in order to determine if all information is included based on the citation style you will choose (APA 6th, MLA 6th, etc.).
2. To select an Output Style (citation style), click the Edit button on the right side of the first record in the folder.
3. Use the drop-down menu to access the Output Style Manager. Select your preferred citation style for your folder list, and view the records. Provide information in each field that pertains to your citation style, if this data has not been included with the Direct Export.
4. To edit records from Last Imported Folder or any folder, you may globally edit the list or edit each record separately.
5. For global editing, select All in List and click Global Edit. Choose each Field (from the drop-down menu) before editing.
6. To edit each record separately, select the Edit button from the right side of the Reference List page.