Searching in ComCat can be done while being logged out. We recommend logging in first to make placing holds easier.
1. Searching can be done a few ways.
This example uses a title search.
3. The first records that appear are the preliminary results. The item you are searching for may not be one of the first records to load.
Choose the button Add Additional Results to see the full list of records.
The results are clustered by the title and will list the different resource types.
4. Once you’ve clicked the hyperlink for the title and format that you’d like to borrow, you can hit the Request button.
5. The request form is automatically filled out. Some lines can be edited, but in general you will not need to adjust anything on the form.
6. A pop-up box with a confirmation will appear.
7. A notification will be sent to your Suffolk email when the book has arrived. The book is due back 28 days after check out with no renewals. All holds must be picked up and dropped off at the Sawyer Library.