Skip to main content
Subscribing to an RSS feed with Google Reader
- Go to http://www.google.com/reader
- If you are not logged in, log in
- If you do not yet have an account, register for one.
- Click on the button, located in the above the left-hand navigation pane.
- In the window that opens, paste the URL of the RSS feed to which you would like to subscribe
- For instructions on obtaining the URL for an RSS feed, read the instructions in the appropriate database tab of this guide.
- At this point, the main pane of the window should fill with excerpts from any recent items from the RSS feed:
- To read the full text of any feed, click on the icon to the right of the entry's title.
- To navigate through your feeds, click on the folders or feed titles located under Subscriptions in the left-hand navigation pane.
Subscribing to an RSS Feed with Microsoft Outlook
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- In the Mail Navigation Panel, locate the RSS Feeds folder
- Right-click on the Folder
- In th menu that opens, select Add New RSS Feed
- In the popup window that appears, paste the URL for the RSS feed you would like to add.
- To view the contents of the RSS feed, click on the next to
- Feeds each appear in their own subfolder of the RSS Feeds menu.
- To view an individual feed entry, click on its title just as you would an email in your Outlook Inbox.
- An open RSS feed in MS Outlook will look something like this: